- The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we do with your personal information.
- JANAT is a French Company registered in France at 82 rue des Entrepreneurs 75015 Paris, France.
B. How we collect your personal data
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths.
- Information that you enter in order to setup subscription to our emails and/or newsletters.
- Information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it.
- Information about communication you sent to us via email
- Any other personal information you send to us.
C. Using Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Administering our website and business
- Sending you on-marketing commercial communications
- Sending you email notifications you have specifically requested.
- Sending you our email newsletter if you signed up for it(you can unsubscribe at any time).
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- Other uses.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your expressed consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
D. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
E. International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: France or Japan.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section E.
F. Retaining personal information
- This Section F sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to article F-2, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date: a. personal data type will be deleted every 6 months
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to an yon going or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
G. Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
I. Your rights
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
J. Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- we use Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website / track users as they navigate the website / enable the use of a shopping cart on the website / improve the website’s usability / analyze the use of the website / administer the website / prevent fraud and improve the security of the website / personalize the website for each user / target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users /
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer(version10)you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- In Firefox(version24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.